Ray's Story:
“Having spent the last fifteen years denying my past, and suffering repeated rejection, the issue had psychologically drained me. I was finding it increasingly difficult and I was scared to confront my criminal record. The question of identity was becoming apparent. Who was I, and who had I become?”After the disastrous turn of events in Cornwall, in the third installment of his blog, ex-offender Ray reflects here on the turn his life has taken since trying to find his place in society. Unfortunately for Ray, this already harrowing tale of trying to find a job takes a desperate turn for the worse when his job search took him to London:
“Having spent a full week living on the street, I was weak, and at the point of giving up the will to have ambition or care for myself. I felt damned at this point. I thought a lot about being an ex-offender, in particular whether I should have given up crime; there seemed no natural reason why life had become more difficult because I had chosen to do the right thing.”
No comments:
Post a Comment